Pages

7.23.2011

Great Sounds: The Weeknd

I found this character through tumblr. I really like him. Although most everything about this artist was shrouded in mystery (seriously I not even quite sure what he looks like), I was able to dig up some facts about him. The Weeknd is a Toronto based R&B artist whose first album "House of Balloons" came out in March 2011. Apparently one of his songs is being used as a promo for Entourage.

As I said before he's an r&b artist so most of his music has r&b influences. However there is a bit of an eclectic sound to it. I would even say neo-soul meets alternative. A lot of the comments I read on youtube refer it as love making music and I tend to agree. He's definitely talented and I would be surprise to find out he produces his own music. You can check out the very vague website here.

What You Need

High For This
Enjoy
xxx

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...