Pages

9.28.2010

A Fish out of Water


I started off as an engineering student with the hopes and dreams of becoming a Disney Imagineer. But little did I know, my aspirations were to create and design a business of my own. I dropped out of Graduate school and decided to start to embrace the idea of creating my own company. Along my journey, I have developed my natural talents for graphic designs and illustration. I would best define myself as self taught and self starter. Although I am no expert in the field of creation, I am very proud of my work and confident that I can deliver an outstanding product. With each picture, or design, I've seen my work grow stronger.

For all those who aspire to follow your own dreams rather than make someone else's come true, I implore you to please do so. You will never regret your decision. Now don't get me wrong, there will be people out there who will think you're crazy (especially if you're like me with a degree in engineering). They will discourage you and they will try many times to kill your dreams. You will learn to work through it, and rise to unlimited possibilities as you do so.

In this blog I hope to expose you to my designs, give you updates about my books, and even make recommendations of the great things out there. I want to thank you in advance for visiting my site and supporting my dreams.

Making this world a little more extraordinary.
Smooches. Shirley

3 comments:

Gess Speak said...

Your daring move speaks and resinates through many of us out there trying to figure out what our place in this world is. A majority think and dream of the idea of stepping out of "Corporate America", and making a name for themselves but FEW dare to make it happen. I applaud you for taking this first step and being the "fish refusing to limit life to the fish bowl" of accepted options. Jumping out into the ocean or even being as bold to walk on land knowing that it may be dangerous can make all the difference. Great blog! I look forward to more posts!

Christiana said...

All the best Shirley. I'm sure you'll see your dreams manifest, keep climbing, I'm rooting for you. Christiana xxx

Shirley T. said...

Thank you so much Ges, it means a lot that you support me! Christiana I'm so happy that you're rooting for me, youre such a ray of light!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...