Pages

12.30.2010

We Can Be New

"And we'll shed of our skins like trees do with leave
We'll glide together down in winter breeze
And rest in the Earth intertwined at the roots
Until we have grown into one, me and you"
-We Can Be New by Amel Larrieux

So it's been a little while since I last made an entry, but alas, here I am! I've taken some time and dedicated it to editing my book, building my design portfolio, and stalking some new job perspective (I won't give up until I make my first paycheck). Though today I received a lovely notice in the mail from my phone company to 'pay my bill or else', the old fears didn't settle in. I shruggged it off. I much rather spend my energy focused on making my life better than focusing on the things that are trying to make me miserable. Being broke is only temporary. I simply start playing Amel Larrieux's Shine and become ever more optimistic that something great is just around the corner.

Speaking of around the corner, the new year is upon us. I'm a little happy and sad to see 2010 go (mostly happy). I'm going to be the cliche and dedicate this blog to new beginnings. Here are my top ten things I believe we should all add to our list of resolutions:

10 NEW YEAR RESOLUTIONS EVERYONE SHOULD MAKE 

1. Cut the Excuses, Just do It : It feels like most of our lives are made up of excuses as to why we can't do this, or don't like that. This year, I'm going stop listing reasons why I shouldn't, can't or didn't and start just doing it.
2. Check In with Me: Making time for ourselves is nothing new. And yet, we still devote majority of our time to our friends, careers, and everything under the sun. This just further exasperates the stress that we eventually develop throughout the year. So let's do ourselves a favor by setting aside 'me time' for one day every single week.
3. Let It go: Oh boy, was it ever so hard for me to let things go in the past. I do it now with much less resistance,and as a result I've become a better person for it. Instead of letting anger fester or holding onto old baggage, resolve to let that ish go!
4. Keep it Sexy: Did I just say that? Lol. There's nothing like getting dolled up and looking so divine that compliments come in the droves. What better way to boost your spirits and self esteem? Well...maybe chocolate...
5. Exercise The Mind: Education doesn't end at school, so I'm going to keep the New York Times bestsellers list to very good use in the coming new year
6. Do Something Scary: mostly for the sense of pride one feels after accomplishing such a feat.
7. Think big (...bigger than that): Sometimes my tiny little mind can't even begin to grasp the potential power I have to rule the world (insert wickedly evil laugh here). But until that world conquest, I will rest assure that the greatest things in this world begin with just a dream. So as long as I shoot for the stars, I'm bound to hit the moon.
8. Smile: Have you ever randomly flashed your teeth to the world? I experimented with smiling just because, and someone smiled back! Seems trivial, but I was surprised how easily my mood changes by just smiling.
9. Sing and Dance: In the rain, in the shower, on key, off key, until your ears bleed. Lol. To steal a line from Corinne, but your record on and let your hair down.
10. Laugh until your stomach aches: Why? Because it feels damn good.

Beyond this I have made a list of 111 things (cheesy I know) to do before the year's end. So in between writing books and working I'll slide in riding a horse (#34), and petting a dolphin(#45) somewhere in there. I wish you the best.

Happy New Year Loves!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...