Pages

1.06.2012

Where Did Time Go?

It seems like only yesterday that I logged onto Blogger and began my first post. Over 5000 views later I'm now a year older, a year wiser, and can proudly call myself an official blogger. Four days ago I was at work in a chaotic mess when suddenly I realised the source of all the franticness was for the upcoming highly anticipated celebration of a New Year.

Time has certainly flown by without my knowledge. But I realised something amazing in that moment of epiphany. I realised that I have no longer  become a slave to time. At least not in the traditional sense.

Back in 2010 when I started reading The Secret, I learned that in order to be at one with the universe, we must recognize and accept that time does not really exist. How many times have you gone to work and started working on a project only to look up at the time and realize that 5 hours already have gone by? How many times have you started a boring task and find out that only 5 minutes of your long day have past by? I'm sure one or another of these situations have happened to you. They do to all of us.

As members of this society we value time because it affords us an opportunity to be, do and live life to our liking. Time is as precious as money and yet there are moments in our lives where time has escaped us, or even worse, has been wasted.

Unlike many others, I made a decision not to make a new years resolution. My decision was based mostly on the fact that I found it an absolute waste to devote such precious "time" to something I probably was not going to uphold. Most importantly it was based on the fact that this New Year meant more to me than empty promises written on a piece of paper. This new year is a gift of time. It is the most lavish present given to me and I want to appreciate it by utilizing every moment for what it is.

Today we have all been given a possible 300+ days to live an extraordinary life. The life we've always wanted. The life we've always prayed for. So rather than focus on counting down goals day by day, focus on striving towards your inner happiness and you will find you have all the time in the world to do whatever it is your heart desires.

Enjoy
xxx

1 comment:

Dee87 said...

Wow that was really deep. And I took it to heart. Your right time wait for no man. I would like to read more of your thoughts. Talk you soon.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...