Pages

12.04.2010

Dear Santa...I'm all set!



Over the last couple of days I've barely been able to sleep. It's not insomnia that is leaving up til the wee hours of the morning, but the excitement and energy of the new year to come. With only a few days left in 2010, I've been wondering exactly how I wanted to end this year. Beyond the typical money, love, and material things I want more than anything to end this year by giving closure to the things that I have tried to ignore or erase from my past. Funny how I began the year thinking that this was going to be the most amazing, momentous, and financially abundant year of my life. And to a certain extent I did get exactly what I asked for. This year was amazing not because I traveled the globe, or because I'm living in a lavish home, or because or I'm living care free. This year is special to me because I learned to grow up in every sense of the word.

I grew into the person I always wanted to be but feared to be it because it was going against the norm. I guess I could say the greatest gift I received this year is courage. The courage to take a different path, to face up to my mistakes, and to ask for help. With all the gifts I've been given it's hard for me to believe sometimes that I could receive anymore.

Five Gifts I've Already Received...

1. A New Home : Granted I'm still living with my parents, I certainly am not complaining about moving to an extraordinary new home in the suburbs. I have a room to myself, free food, free Internet, and entertainment at my finger tips.

2. A loving purposeful relationship with my mother: I resented my mother for about ten years for never having the time to spend with me, have a conversation, or be enthusiastic about my life decisions. But through those years she always managed to sneak in some words or hope, love and support. Maybe it sounds stupid, or cliche but there's nothing like the love of a mother, and to finally be able to laugh with her, cry on her shoulder, and share words of inspiration and hope means something more significant than anything I've encountered thus far.

3. My Friends: Oh friends, how I have taken you for granted. Anyone who knows me knows that I change friends like the seasons. In the past there has always been this timer inside me that monitored when it was time to let go and let new friends flow into my life. Maybe it was the thrill and excitement of meeting new people, or maybe even my lame desire to have constant change in my life. Fortunately, there were a few who refused to let me brush them off. I am humbled and absolutely grateful for these people.

4. The Secret: The Law of Attraction has changed my life. I've been hearing these people say these positive messages for year. Things like 'you can do anything...' or 'believe and you can achieve' were always around me. But I never really listened to any of it. Now that I hear the message, and put it to practice every single day I've been able to do things I never imagines I would be doing.

5. Joy: and I feel it on my own with no external influences. Sure I could say I'm happy, but the over powering sense of euphoria that runs through my veins every time I experience joy simply doesn't compare to just being happy. I've felt joy before, but it was always through something else life having money, or being in a relationship. Since I currently have neither of those, I thought I would never be able to have that feeling in my life. But here I am, joyful.

For the Holiday this year, I'm simply going to sit back, relax, and drink to the little things I have that made a big change in my life. Cheers to that!

2 comments:

Gess Speak said...

Very proud of you my dear friend. Keep on growing and I promise i'll keep supporting! And yea... never letting go of this friendship. 11 years strong and going!

xoxo

Shirley T. said...

;D Love you too Gess! I appreciate your support it means so much to me. Thanks for commenting

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...