Pages

1.15.2011

Dreams on a Deadline


The month of January is coming to a very quick end. And since this is the month where our goals are most likely to be thwarted, I thought I'd take the time to really figure how to attain my goals so that my year will be as productive as planned.

Seven Simple Steps to Staying On Course
  1. Have Vision. Construct a vision board with pictures and words describing exactly what I want to achieve
  2. K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Sexy. The best thing about life is it goes by one day at a time, but sometimes we try to run marathons without first running a mile. Create simple attainable goals so that you are motivated to take on larger challenges through completion of a small tasks.
  3. Have Clear goals. Don't be wishy washy. Be clear down to the date, number, and exact results you expect to obtain.
  4. Get a Partner. Get one person to team up with who will remind you of your goals. Have them keep a copy of your goal list. They will help me stay accountable for everything I put out
  5. Revisit Your Goals. Our memories sometimes are limited, so revisit your goals frequently and you can refresh your memory
  6. Check it Off. Create a list of goals you can post right next to your vision board and start checking things off every single month (you'd be surprised how fast time flies when you have a deadline). Remember to F.O.C.U.S - Follow on Course Until Successful!
  7. Check the Excuses at the Door. I have this phrase that excuses are for people too lazy to do the work. Lazy people lead boring lives and love to complain. If there's a will, there's a way.
Goals are not hard to accomplish if you have the discipline and focus to attain them. Good Luck.

Enjoy
xxx

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...