Pages

1.02.2011

Good Reads: My Fair Lazy


My Fair Lazy by Jen Lancaster has been out for a while now, but I am just getting my nose in this New York Time Best Selling author's book. I was never a fan of memoirs. In the past my limited mind could not wrap itself around the idea of reading the endless rants of someone else's life. I mean it's a non fictional book with no theme, climax, or general purpose except to tell the story of 'the good old days'. But since we live now in an age where we tweet and facebook just about everything in our lives, I thought I'd give this book a try. I especially have come to realize that I have been tremendously inspired by the lives of so many individuals thus far in my journey. Their 'memiors' have just come in the form of blogs, life coaching, and movies.

So to the book...I have never read any of her previous books, but I've seen tons of great reviews. So I was pleased to have thoroughly enjoyed this reading as a novice to her writing. Her life reminded me that people are still very human and no one is perfect. Sometimes our daily habits cause detriments to our desire to interact with with others and therefore we try to evolve but come along many bumps in the road. I most definitely recommend this book to anyone who would like a good laugh. It'll be at your local bookstore, or if you're like me and currently financially challenged, make your way to the library!

Enjoy
xxx

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...