Pages

5.16.2011

Great Sounds: Esperanza Spalding


I love coming across artist with absolute pure talent. Esperanza Spalding is indeed a phenomenal individual with unparalleled talent. Considered a child prodigy, Spalding has been playing instruments since 5 years old and has not stopped since. She received a full scholarship to attend Berklee College of music in of Boston. Most significant is her Grammy fiasco, where she was awarded best new artist over Beiber and Drake. (Rightfully so I should add). It's very rare to come across music like this today considering the explosion of techno, deep base, fist pumping music. Her tunes are definitely for the lovers of jazz as she is a bass player who was inspired by many jazz music legends.

Her current album Chamber Music Society is an absolute must listen!  I never really enjoyed jazz music growing up, but over the last two years since first discovering her music I've acquired an obsession with all things jazz. I can almost guarantee after listening to one song you will be completely floored by how angelic and addictive her voice is. Below are my two fav songs off of the current album.

Enjoy
xxx
"Short and Sweet"

"Apple Blossom"

2 comments:

A Fine Balance said...

Im in love with Esperanza!

glad to have found you : )

Shirley T. said...

As am I! Your blog is wonderful!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...