Pages

5.11.2011

I'm Not Apologizing

I'll keep this brief. For those out there who live a Quaker lifestyle, my hat off to you. I commend you for being able to wear dainty drab fashion in your day to day life. I applaud you for using your money to purchase bulk size toilette paper instead of those flashy loafers you've been eying for months. Congratulations for staying home to watch TV while all your friends are out for drinks at the bar. Bravo!

As for me, I'm not saying sorry because I like to spend my money. I'm not apologizing because I find a bit of joy in material things. Should I feel ashamed that my body looks incredible in those designer skinny jeans? Should I hide the fact that my true love is Loubiton, Jimmy Choo and McQueen? Should I not be absolutely impressed (and slightly turned on) by a man in a tailored suit rocking a Movado watch? Can someone please explain to me why living in an enormous home in the suburbs with a Benz parked in the garage is such a terrible thing?

Don't get me wrong, I'm a simple woman who enjoys the simple things in life. However, on the occasions I like to indulge myself, it seems it can't be done without someone preaching about materialism. Pause. Aren't these the same people who take annual trips to exotic locations while sporting the new Ralph Lauren spring collection? Yes that's right! The same people who get weekly spa treatment, eat lobster dinners with the 5.0 version of the Ipad are telling us how to spend our money. Sigh.

How about this...let's keep all unsolicited comments & judgments to our self. In the mean time, I'm going to continue to eye that yellow canary diamond at Tiffany's, slip my feet into those ridiculously expensive shoes while drooling over the latest sport car model.

Enjoy!
xxx

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...