Pages

6.16.2011

Good Reads: Lost Boys

It's been a while since I've read a decent fiction novel. Lately I've drowned myself in a number of how to's and books that can ultimately help me build my empire. Luckily in a random moment of boredom I came across this lovely novel by Orson Scott Card. At first I was apprehensive to pick up the book being that is was not a real story. And as I began sifting through the first couple of pages I had to truly encourage myself to continue reading not because the book was boring but because I could hardly see how I could relate to a Mormon family moving to North Carolina in the mid 80's. Nevertheless I continued reading and to my delight was pleased to find myself chuckling along the way.

This book is a treasure to read because of the fact that the writer did an excellent job of depicting a real life scenario up to the most minute detail. Lost Boys is the journey of a family and there adjustment with moving to a new town. Along the way we discover just how tragic life can be having to deal with new bosses, new neighbors, and a load of financial debt. Though this story was based in the eighties, there's no doubt many people can relate to family struggles whether you care the mother, father, or child involved. But what makes this story unique is most definitely how everything came together in the end. So as not to ruin the story for you I will say this, there is no doubt in my mind that we encounter a number of strange things that cannot be explained. Though we may not talk about it, those situations dramatically changes our lives forever leading to some very profound moments which was superbly written in this story.

Kudos to the author for doing such a fantastic job of writing this work. Although the book is indeed fiction (for reasons you will see when you read it) the story was very much based on his own life. I highly recommend picking up this one!

Enjoy
xxx

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...