Pages

8.08.2011

Sincerely Me

pic courtsey of Freak Alternative Photographics [1]

Dear World,

I don't when it happened, but you have unconsciously turned into a robot. You are no longer alive. Everyday I watch you get up go to work, go home, eat dinner, go to sleep, and repeat the cycle again. What happened to the days when you spoke your mind unfazed by the criticism of others? What happen to the times when your clothes would make a statement of the person we both know you really are? What happen to making your dreams a reality?

You've become a slave to the paycheck. You've become a slave to fear. You've become the butt of jokes among strangers. You've allowed far to many things to slide. You're trapped in the twilight zone of comfort. Imprisoned by the familiar. You don't even realize you're no longer living.

I know you're not happy. So get happy. 

Feel the breath of fresh air expand your lungs. Feel the sensation of blood running through your veins. Take off the shackles of monotony and be a little spontaneous. Live. Live the life you've always dreamed. Live the life you know you deserve. Be bold. Be courageous. Be extraordinary. Be legendary. Do it now. Do it today, and I promise you'll thank me later.

Sincerely,

Shirley T.

2 comments:

That girl; Saadiya said...

Another great post, really! We all get stuck into that 'life' routine, especially as you get older, I've found myself compromising so many of my 'dreams' for this 'reality' that we have to work hard, get a good job and buy lots of things to show you have a good job.

Shirley T. said...

Exactly! I was listening to "Sincerely Jane" and realized that we aren't really living. Just walking dead. Thanks for the comment Saadiya!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...