Pages

1.17.2011

Music is Life + Great Sounds: Rox



I went almost a week without listening to music and it almost drove me insane. It's so amazing how music impacts our live. We all know that it expresses our deepest darkest feeling when we ourselves are unable to find the words to describe the way we feel. Music is so significant, it is a multi-billion dollar industry that has successfully turns average Joes in millionares and celebrties. It has the power to change our moods, and stimulate our emotions which is why we need to pay attention to what we are listening to.

A friend of mine pointed out that only a few years ago, music was dedicated to love and happiness. Almost everything we listened to was rooted in the idea of feeling good. Now our music focuses more on sex, heartbreak, and reckless abandon than happiness. Tragic. Although I love a good blues song and booty shaker here and there, it definitely does not take up my rotation.

But rant aside, I want to take this time to promo this great new artist I discovered. She's a London native who goes by the name of Rox. I absolutely love her sound and her voice is nothing short of amazing. Not quite sure if her music is picking up in here in the U.S but I definitely predict it will.
Amazing! For more infor on Rox check her out here.

Enjoy
xxx

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...