Pages

3.08.2011

Wishes only come true if...


Everyday I pray God will bless me with the things I desire. In a funny way, I never really expect Him to answer them. I understand that in this vast universe there are many people who need an answered prayer (maybe some more than others) so I willingly accept in most cases my tiny requests will more than likely never come to fruition. Once I've almost forgotten about my wish, it suddenly appears to me. But here's the quicker, when I finally get it I find myself completely unprepared for it.

As we continue to live another day, our demands of life become greater. Unable to determine how we will achieve just that, we send our wishes out to the universe with daily mundane repetition. And like me, most of us fall into this grey area where we want to believe it will come true but can't imagine such a thing happening especially when so much time has passed by. We tell everyone in Obama fashion that "One day I will..." while trying to make ourselves believe in a very near future we will replace that sentence with "Today I have..." Sadly we sometimes neglect our dreams. We do it first by not preparing ourselves to receive it and secondly by not opening eyes to see it when it happens (often times it appears right in front of our eyes). There is no spectacular bravado about the way our prayers are answered. There are no Vegas style flashing lights. No big box elegantly wrapped with a pretty bow, and definitely no Beyonce dancing in sparkly skin tight attire swaying her hips to capture our attention. It comes to us very subtle and sudden.  If we are not careful to handle it with urgency it will depart as discrete and hastily as it arrived.

Today I want you to be aware of this fact and begin to mentally prepare yourself for your desire. That soul-mate you wished for is coming. They will be standing in front of your face in a form you've always looked past. All those who wish to be rich, your money is coming. It will be in that project you've put off while you were too busy scratching lottery tickets. We must challenge ourselves to not only pray but seek out our wish no matter how long it takes and know exactly what steps to make when it enters our lives.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...