Pages

4.29.2011

When Bad Things Happen To Good Folks


I know you’re a good person. You know you’re a good person. Given the opportunity you can list the great things you have done for anyone and pat yourself on the back for being such an outstanding citizen. Granted, with all the great things you’ve done, you find that good karma has not graced you with its presence. Today you’re probably wondering why bad luck is following you around like a lost puppy.
It’s unfortunate that this is even a reality. I wish the law of life were written so that good people only receive rewards. Unfortunately it isn’t and great Samaritans are rationed adversities like everyone else.  I want to be able to say some positive affirmation like “this will make you stronger” and all that jazz, but let’s be honest for a moment here and acknowledge that when bad things happen to great individuals, they are literally torn from the inside out. Afflictions weaken even the strongest spirit.

So what does a crushed person do to rebuild themselves? I’ve found myself doing the one thing that helps to void myself of almost any negativity. It is a secret weapon that is with us everyday yet we chose to ignore it. It is the one weapon that also creates more fear in the hearts of souls than anything else. When times get hard, I look in the mirror and remind myself that I am dying. That’s right, we’re all dying. Maybe not today or in this second, but eventually we are all going to die. With every second, minute and day that passes by we grow closer to a day where we will no longer exist. With that being said, I guarantee that this reminder will start to put everything that broke your spirit into perspective.

Listen folks, tomorrow is not guaranteed. If today was to be your last day on earth I’m sure all those feelings of depression, anger, & “woe is me” syndrome would completely evaporate. No one wants to live their last day hording onto negative emotions and leave an unmemorable legacy behind. We much prefer going ablaze in glory. So when we are faced with circumstances we don’t believe we deserve, we really should ask ourselves “will this moment even matter when I’m dead?” Most likely not. Stop caring about why things that aren’t going right for you because you will never get the answer.  Take a moment to gather yourself then carry on to bigger and brighter things. Adopt a new philosophy when things go bad: keep calm and carry on.

Enjoy
xxx

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...